JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Drug Free Sport International has a position available for a HIWU Testing Operations Manager
Position Focus: The HIWU Testing Operations Manager is a key contributor to the strategic operations of the HIWU Testing Program, a division of Drug Free Sport International/international Doping Tests & Management (DFSI-IDTM). The HIWU Testing Operations Manager will assist the HIWU Director of Testing Operations with the development and implementation of critical strategic and operational components of the HIWU Testing Program including information technology (IT), sample collection equipment, strategic testing, and test distribution planning. This individual will also interact with the HIWU and DFSI-IDTM teams, IT developers, sample collection personnel, vendors, and other relevant constituents to ensure an efficient, innovative and professional testing program.
Summary of Qualifications: To successfully perform this role, the individual must be a critical thinker, effective communicator, organized and self-directed. The HIWU Testing Operations Manager must uphold the organization’s core values and vision, demonstrate integrity at the highest degree, and have a high desire to serve clients, contractors and colleagues. Essential requirements include:
- Minimum three years of professional experience delivering programs; anti-doping or equine experience a plus.
- Education level of at least a four-year degree.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Highly credible, ethical, and persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer systems.
- Willingness to travel within the United States and foreign jurisdictions, including upon short notice.
- Passing of a pre-employment screening including drug test, background check, confidentiality agreement, degree(s) verification, and professional reference checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise and implement strategies to execute the HIWU Anti-Doping and Medicine Control Program.
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with colleagues, independent contractors, State Racing Commissions, racetracks, test barns, laboratories, consultants, and other applicable professional organizations.
- Represent HIWU in partnerships with vendors and external constituents.
- In cooperation with the Vice President of IT and key IT support staff, oversee the development and implementation of IT solutions with a focus on in-the-field implementation and internal process integration and efficiencies.
- Identify and oversee purchasing and distribution of compliant sample collection equipment.
- Research and oversee the shipping and logistical requirements related to the HIWU sample collection procedures and processes, as needed.
- Collaborate with HIWU Regional Relations, Science, Legal and Investigative Teams to research, develop, assign and monitor a test distribution plan.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of budgets for the HIWU testing program and related projects.
- Identify and monitor compliance related to regulatory guidelines, internal polices, and quality standards.
- Collaborate with the IT team to create industry leading applications for administration of equine services.
- Understand and apply quality principles to daily responsibilities; collaborate with others on quality objectives; and address nonconformities as appropriate through a designated system.
- Provide support during standard and outside standard business hours to State Racing Commissions and sample collection personnel during scheduled testing, as needed.
- Travel as needed within the United States and foreign jurisdictions, including upon short notice.
- Coordinate with the HIWU Network Team to identify, recruit, train and evaluate sample collection personnel.
- Provide specimen collections as
- Recommend policies and procedures for all HIWU collection processes and protocols, and operational procedures that increase the efficiency and accuracy.
- Team with the HIWU Executive Director and other HIWU Leadership on special projects and tasks, as requested.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
|Description||Critical Success Factors|
|Planning and Organizational Development||Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Effective at planning ahead yet flexible with unexpected changes. Listens well and orientates quickly.||Self-confident and self-starting; focused, resourceful, and adaptable; makes timely decisions; at ease working with deadlines; delivers the objective with meticulous attention to detail; displays critical thinking abilities.|
|Effective Communication||Proficient in all forms of communication. Ability to connect with colleagues, clients, consultants and vendors. Create positive relationships at the organizational, contractor and vendor levels.||Passionate about daily interaction with clients; listens well, interprets accurately, and responds appropriately; chooses the right way to say the right things.|
|Customer Service Orientation||Has a propensity for serving the needs of clients.||Attentive and decisive; selfless; follows up and follows through; client first focus to enhance relationship.|
|Integrity and Reliability||Takes personal responsibility for job performance; strict adherence to company and client policies and procedures. Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality.||Positively responds to direction and constructive feedback; exhibits integrity and trustworthiness; and makes informed decisions based on what is best for the company.|
|Motivation for Achievement||Strong initiative; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Generates ideas for improvement; initiates opportunities and recommends innovations. Goes above requirements; continually working toward exceeding expectations.||
Stays on target for 90-day and annual goals, with motivation to exceed all objectives.
Contributes to company success through continuous improvement. Seeks additional responsibilities and grows within the position.
All external applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Andrayana Estes. All requested materials must be submitted for consideration. This position is desired to be filled as soon as possible and application materials will be reviewed on an on-gong basis until filled.
Drug Free Sport, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.