JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Equine Welfare Manager
We are looking for Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified candidates to fill the role of Equine Welfare Manager.
The purpose of the role is to safeguard the welfare and safety of Thoroughbred race horses.
Some of the tasks required will include (but not be limited to):
- Implement initiatives designed to assist in improving the welfare outcomes for the horse, before, during and after racing;
- Deliver Equine Welfare Strategy outcomes;
- Coordinate programs aimed at the health and welfare of the horse outside of race day veterinary services;
- Provide advice and guidance for the setting of standards, operating procedures, and policy;
- Coordinate equine welfare monitoring, inspections, and data management;
- Assist in increasing the visibility around the knowledge of breeding responsibilities;
- Assist in building the thoroughbred racing industry’s knowledge of best practice animal welfare standards though devising the conducting targeting training programs;
- Act as an advocate for Racing Victoria, building effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Effectively work across all teams within Integrity Services, fostering collaborative working relationships;
- Effectively communicate and promote the Equine Welfare Strategy;
- Assist with control of the financial aspects associated with the delivery of the Equine Welfare Programs.
The successful incumbent would possess:
- Tertiary qualifications (s) within Animal Science or similar equivalent discipline;
- Demonstrable experience in the successful implementation of animal welfare strategies and programmes;
- Strong operational focus to deliver strategic outcomes, whilst working in a small team;
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to lead and unite efforts towards a group owned solution;
- Ability to organise and plan the delivery of programs and initiatives in an effective coordinated and resource effective manner;
- Strong writing and presentation skills for reporting purposes.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation;
- Market competitive remuneration;
- Industry ticketing to race meetings every day of the year;
- On-site and employer subsidised cafe and free on-site car parking;
- Genuine work/life balance with flexible work practices and a collegiate, supportive team;
- Support with professional and leadership development, including gender focused mentoring programs;
- A convenient location well-accessed by public transport.
How do I apply?
Submit your application including a cover letter by close of business Friday 27 July 2018.
Contact us with any queries via email@example.com.