JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Post available for a Director of Veterinary Services at the Jockey Club of Saudi Arabia (JCSA)
About the job
The position reports to the JCSA’s Chief Racecourse Officer and the Veterinary Technical Committee of the Equestrian Authority. It has the responsibility for providing high-level scientific and clinical veterinary expertise to safeguard the welfare of Thoroughbred and Arabian horses and the integrity of the JCSA racing industry.
- Brief on Roles and Responsibilities:
Officiating at race meetings, as required, and providing veterinary scenario planning, advising, inspecting and examining participating horses, and monitoring and providing oversight and supervision of antidoping sample collection processes on race days.
- Representing JCSA on national and international equine welfare and antidoping committees and working groups.
- Contributing to the development of JCSA Equine Health and Welfare Strategy.
- Project management: leading and managing projects for the Veterinary Equine Regulatory, Antidoping and Welfare Departments, and contributing to projects within other areas of the JCSA.
- Proven ability at Director level management, to lead, project manage, mentor and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams in tight time constraints.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations and conditions.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in dispute resolution and negotiation through clear and concise communication to achieve a favourable outcome
- A degree in veterinary science recognized in KSA (essential). (e.g., MRCVS, BVSc, DVM equivalent)
Required Years of Experience
- Qualified at least ten (10) years.
- Extensive experience (10 years) working with Thoroughbred horses and within the racing industry.
Applications can be submitted here: