JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Racing Victoria is looking for a suitably qualified General Manager in Equine Welfare
Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, and the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria. We develop, promote, and manage the conduct of the racing of thoroughbred horses in Victoria to safeguard its integrity. RV is looking for a suitably qualified General Manager – Equine Welfare. This critical role will lead a team of passionate individuals to ensure the delivery of our nonnegotiable, equine welfare program. Reporting directly to the Executive General Manager – Integrity Services this role plays an integral part in the strategic direction of equine welfare.
The General Manager – Equine Welfare is responsible for safeguarding the integrity of the sport through delivering a program to oversee the welfare of racehorses, at all stages of their lives.
Critical to success of this role is ensuring the welfare and safety of race horses, anticipating and preparing for future developments which may threaten equine welfare, including a focus on maintaining public confidence in the manner in which racing cares for and treats our horses
You are an experienced general manager with a strong background in animal welfare. You thrive in a collaborative, fast paced and hands on team environment. Some of the skills and experience you will have include:
- Demonstrable experience in the successful implementation of animal welfare strategies and programmes;
- Strong operational focus to deliver strategic outcomes, whilst working in, and managing a small team;
- The ability to lead and unite efforts towards a group owned solution;
- Experience in the development and planning of programs and initiatives in an effective coordinated and resource effective manner;
- Strong written and presentation skills for reporting purposes;
- The ability to utilise information channels to disseminate information and engage audiences on critical issues;
- Demonstratable experience in understanding of political, social and economic factors affecting the thoroughbred racing;
- The ability to communicate in a way that engages, persuades and impresses a wide range of internal and external audiences. Clearly communicates the big picture to a broad audience;
- Model’s initiative and decisiveness and provides leadership that encourages a culture of transformation and continuous learning;
- Tertiary qualifications (s) within Animal Science (desirable).
If there are areas that you are unable to ‘tick’ in the above, we would still like to hear from you. As part of your cover letter outline how you might address some of the gaps.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work practices, including hybrid working arrangements.
- Great team culture
- Industry ticketing to race meetings every day of the year
- On-site and employer subsidised cafe and free on-site car parking
- A convenient location well-accessed by public transport.
At Racing Victoria our vision is “Racing for All” and we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment for our team.