JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
The Qatar Racing and equestrian Club is inviting applications for a Head Regulatory Veterinary Officer
Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club (QREC) is the governing body for Thoroughbred and Arabian horse racing in Qatar. Its responsibilities include regulatory, integrity and equine welfare leadership of the industry.
Applicants, who meet the requirements below, are invited for the position of Head/Chief Regulatory Veterinarian based in Doha, Qatar.
The position reports to the Racing Manager and Chief Steward and has responsibility for providing high level scientific and clinical veterinary expertise to safeguard the welfare of Thoroughbred and Arabian horses and the integrity of the Qatar racing industry.
QREC supports relevant professional and personal development and encourages a diversity of applicants.
Core responsibilities include:
- Officiate at race meetings and official trials, as required, and provide veterinary advice, inspect and examine participating horses, and monitor and provide oversight and supervision of anti-doping sample collection processes on race days.
- Conduct non race day examinations and inspections as required and supervise out of competition anti-doping programmes.
- Provide advice to the Chief Steward in relation to veterinary, welfare and medication related matters.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with veterinary practitioners, internal and external stakeholders, and industry participants to achieve best practice standards and reform agenda.
- Provide expert, evidence-based advice to drive key reform agenda through policy implementation and participant education projects.
- Actively manage budget and financial initiatives.
- Represent QREC in national and international committees and working groups.
The successful applicant will have:
- a degree in veterinary science registrable in Qatar (essential).
- qualified for preferably five (5) years.
- experience working with Thoroughbred horses.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- proven ability to lead, manage and supervise staff.
- a strong sense of initiative and the ability to identify critical issues.
- the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- the capacity to work well under pressure to meet team objectives.
- The provision of evidence before racing stewards’ inquiries and appeals
Details of the position
The position is full-time and due to the nature of the position, the successful applicant will be required to work on a flexible schedule basis or during the weekend if required and in emergencies.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer. If you are interested, please, provide a covering letter and your resume in word format by email to email@example.com